The deadline for the Top Musicals list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Emphatically wanted to avoid a ‘deep’ food-for-thought film. Here I am.

Nah, it has its good moments, but this is just too stupid. There needs to be a middle ground.

What the **** is this film. It’s definitely not scary. I didn’t pay enough attention as I was half-working. Will need a rewatch. Good music, though — all those epic T. Rex tunes.

What the **** is this film. It’s definitely not scary. I didn’t pay enough attention as I was half-working. Will need a rewatch. Good music, though — all those epic T. Rex tunes.
I loved the Nic Cage Tiny Tim impression

I loved the Nic Cage Tiny Tim impression
Yeah, I’m actually enjoying it, it’s just a bit baffling and doesn’t really feel like horror — more like crime, actually. Then again, genre is fluid.

Emphatically wanted to avoid a ‘deep’ food-for-thought film. Here I am.

Nah, it has its good moments, but this is just too stupid. There needs to be a middle ground.
I won't watch it. I'm not a fan of Ryan Gosling.

I have never watched this, but every time I hear the song by Phil Collins, I wonder why. I know why, because I was a teen at the time of the release and was more interested in teen films.

Blink Twice tomorrow.

This is actually okay. A bit too obvious and unintentionally (?) hilarious at times, but very okay. MNS is okay at doing this over-the-top stuff that’s ultimately pretty watchable.
The ending is a bit ridiculous and so very confusing, but I would say this film overall is an improvement for MNS. Saleka does fine playing a pop star. I guess this kind of thing should exist.

I think you just spoiled the whole movie for me.

I'm watching the 1964 Russian adaptation of Hamlet.
Was it any good?

Was it any good?

Hard to say, actually. I'm still a Shakespeare newbie for the most part. Only play I ever saw was Twelfth Night, and that was a middle school special. I got halfway through the movie before I decided I had to start with an easier adaptation.

Thanks to @hownos War thread, I'm rewatching a film about Stalin's Holodomor.