RIP James Earl Jones

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Just saw this in a news feed.

A sad day for sure. One of the most well-know and iconic actors of my generations' time.

Truly ones of the greats! RIP

Great actor, and because of Darth Vader, iconic.

RIP

93 is, of course, a great age. But one cannot deny that it’s a huge loss even so. What a legend in film.

A voice you would recognize in a split second and presence about him that was evident from the first second on screen. And what a warm human being too, off screen.

In the stars now.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Mufasa: Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars.
Young Simba: Really?
Mufasa: Yes. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I.

James Earl Jones had a voice you could instantly recognise and has played so many wonderful characters throught his long life. The world is a lesser place without him.

Rest in Peace

Sad loss. Although Darth Vader will always be at the top of his resume on most sites, he was so great that I'll think of him for other parts equally. His Thulsa Doom (love that name!) from Conan the Barbarian (1982) is one I'll always remember, with his bass voice matched by his luminous eyes, piercing whoever he met in the film. Another favorite is A Family Thing (1996) where he finds out his character has a half-brother in Robert Duvall's character. Watching those two share the screen was awesome. So many great roles. Godspeed James.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I loved him in Field of Dreams but I also enjoyed his performance in another baseball movie: The Sandlot.

The guy was so good in everything he did. Distinctive voice. Immense presence.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I loved him in Field of Dreams but I also enjoyed his performance in another baseball movie: The Sandlot.
Definitely. A lot of people forget he was in that! It's a small role but man, does he do a lot with it. I rewatched it quite recently and was kind of shocked at how good he is with what little material he has. It's such a small part in such a low-stakes little film, but none of that matters. He's as fun and enthusiastic as he is in anything else. Of the ten best line readings in the film he's got like half of them.

Geez, the voice has been silenced. Claudine, The Great White Hope, Field of Dreams, The Atlanta Child Murders, Coming to America, welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins, Gabriel's Fire,Bingo Long and the Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings, The Great White Hope, The Lion King, The Man, Dr Strangelove, and, of course, Darth Vader. I wonder if this will mark the end of the Star Wars franchise because anyone else voicing that character would just be wrong. Decide all of the impressive work he did in his extraordinary career, one thing I loved about the actor was the sensor of humor he had about himself and his image, and if you don't believe me, check out his guest appearances on Will & Grace and Two and a Half Men. A Hollywood legend. RIP.