Discord

Tools    

Hi, anyone use Discord? It’s primarily known for gaming I know, but there are a lot of good film/music servers, just curious if I might randomly know someone from the many servers I’m on.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Hi, anyone use Discord? It’s primarily known for gaming I know, but there are a lot of good film/music servers, just curious if I might randomly know someone from the many servers I’m on.
@The Rodent had a Discord channel for people to use. I'm utterly clueless as to what it is and how it works.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, they use it for scheduled movie watches to talk with each other during. Or like for a weekend marathon group watch of a few sequels. I forgot about that until this post!

The Adventure Starts Here!
I tend to either binge a bunch of groups in Discord or completely forget I even have it installed. You caught me at the second option right now.

I'm Austruck there too, just like here.

I use Discord in general way too much, and I'm worried because it's just running off of venture capital and it seems plausible it's going to have to change dramatically at some point.

I'm using it now (movie chat, of course.. can't find a music one)
Well, I actually administrate a server that @SpelingError is already on, if you or anyone else here is interested in checking it out.

What's the difference between discord and regular forums?
Discord is more akin to a live chat where you're seeing the new posts update as they come in. It's similar to the Oscar ceremony live chat we have on this forum.

Discord is more akin to a live chat where you're seeing the new posts update as they come in. It's similar to the Oscar ceremony live chat we have on this forum.
Okay thanks. That's helpful.

Is there a new link for it? I tried to join with the link in the other discord thread, but it didn't work.

Is there a new link for it? I tried to join with the link in the other discord thread, but it didn't work.
Are you referring to the MoFo Discord? If you send me your Discord id, I could add you as a friend and send you an invite to it. The MoFo Discord server is very inactive, but there are a couple other servers I'm on which I could invite you to if I get permission from the mods of each.

Well you can check out my server, if you want.

Well you can check out my server, if you want.
I might be wrong but I don't think he'd be interested in a Discord server dedicated to midget ballerinas stomping on grapes.

I might be wrong but I don't think he'd be interested in a Discord server dedicated to midget ballerinas stomping on grapes.
Midget ballerinas? Sign me up!

Midget ballerinas? Sign me up!
Who doesn't love midget ballerinas?