The MoFo Musicals Countdown - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Also there is just one ballot and 10 points between the top 2.

And a tie between 100 and 101 currently.

And we definitely have enough for a clear top 100.

Got mine sent. Wish I'd seen this was a thing more than a few days ago, otherwise I'd have tried to see enough movies to have a full 25.

Mine has been sent and, with a lot of leeway given than I usually allow myself, I've filled out the 25.

We're up to 47 ballots. I think we can hit 50 before the ballot closes.

Quite a few partial ballots. I now wish I'd made a rule that I get to fill in any empty slots with whatever I couldn't find room for on my ballot

Only 4 points separate the top two now.

Right after you watch the movie I recommended for you
Haha sh*t

I would love to. Looks good tbh. And it’s been past my attention before.

Edit: I did just realize that the movie doesn’t seem to quite fit the criteria for how I’ve made my list so far. I’ve gone pure musical. Like singing and dancing and stuff.

I would have movies like Inside Llewyn Davis super high on my list if I just did music movies. But for me it just seems out of place on a musical list.

List has been sent.

Rather shitty effort from my side. Haven't seen anything leading up to the deadline and the list is a little pathetic I'd say... but hey, I haven't sent in a list for the past few countdowns it feels like. So I guess something is better than nothing.

Ugh, I just realized I didn't include one on my ballot that probably should've been there. Oh well, I don't think it'll need my help.

Standard notice that the delay between the submission period and the start of the countdown is like 95% on me. I've got layout work and basic tech work to do to make sure we're ready, and it's coming at the busiest time of the year for me. Best-case scenario, early next week. Regardless, don't blame Thursday! It's always my fault.

50 ballots! We did it!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So we ended up with 52 ballots which is great (especially since so many people don't like musicals...or so they say!)

There were 332 movies voted for in total (not all of them actually musicals...).

As Yoda said, there are a few things to do behind the scenes so don't expect the countdown proper until next week sometime.

In the mean time, please check your PMs as I've sent a few out just to clarify which version of a movie some people intended to vote for.

In the mean time, please check your PMs as I've sent a few out just to clarify which version of a movie some people intended to vote for.

You got my message concerning the edit, right?