Madden - starring Nicolas Cage

Tools    

But there is something emotional about replying to every opinion that doesn't agree with yours.
No, there is nothing emotional about agreeing or disagreeing with what others are saying, that's just the most basic component of any conversation about movies.

Discussion boards are about having discussions about movies. That's literally the whole point, to discuss a movie or a movie-related subject. You can choose which discussions to participate in, or which ones you do not want to participate in.

So, in this thread, which is about the movie Madden, people can say they are either interested or not interested in the movie. Whichever way they feel, that's fine, it's normal to feel either interest or lack of interest in this particular movie; there is no "right way" to feel about the movie, since it hasn't even been made yet.

No, there is nothing emotional about agreeing or disagreeing with what others are saying, that's just the most basic component of any conversation about movies.

I'm not even gonna read the rest of that reply. If you could handle it, you wouldn't feel the need to reply. You're not doing this for discussion's sake. Literally no one believes you're not being emotional about this. I've already gotten more than enough PM's thanking me for defending the people you don't even realize you attack to prove it. So for a little while, why don't you try to prove me wrong? How about fore the next few threads you start, you don't reply to any disagreements until the first page is filled up. I'm giving you a challenge that anyone who's not thinking emotionally would be able to pass with flying colors. Or you could make some excuse for not wanting to "take your stupid test," or something. You can pick.

Oh, and to prove I'm not trying to get the last word on anything, I have a rule for myself: next time you start a movie thread here, I won't post my opinions on the movie at all, even if it's a new Alien sequel.

If you could handle it, you wouldn't feel the need to reply.
What do you mean by "if you could handle it"? I already said, I don't particularly care if people are interested in this movie or not. That is literally the opposite of "not handling it".

If you don't feel this is the movie for you, definitely do not watch it.

That's all!

What do you mean by "if you could handle it"? I already said, I don't particularly care if people are interested in this movie or not. That is literally the opposite of "not handling it".
Yes. You. Do. You're not fooling us. K?

Do you realize I've had people laughing about you behind your back? Do you realize I have a past like your present, and your behavior brings back bad memories? I have been trying to spare you the same embarrassment and you throw it in my face every time. You've gotten onto me for "having a grudge before." You are mirroring a terrible time in my life, and you have the audacity to say not to post? You think I can't defend the people I respect on this thread?

I repeat: if you wanna prove it, don't say it. Prove it through action. Anyone can say they're right, or that their behavior's fine. It's their actions that show either the proof for or against it.

Are you interested in this movie or not? It's fine by me, either way, I'm just curious to know how you feel about the movie itself.

I'm wondering why they're making a movie about Madden anyway?
Since I never really followed sports, I must be out of the loop.
I mean, I understand he was popular, possibly even beloved to some, and a lot of people made fun of him, but did he really have a life so interesting as to warrant a movie?

I really don't know what he did outside of being a sports commentator.

(Now don't throw bricks at me if I don't know that he was some superstar quarterback at one time or a world-famous Olympic gold medalist.)

Are you interested in this movie or not? It's fine by me, either way, I'm just curious to know how you feel about the movie itself.

I knew you would dodge the question. You have no interest in proving the points you insist on. You throw every attempt to help you in my face and ignore the rest. You have offended me at every instance and you'll never feel sorry for it. I have every right now to even be as bold as to say out loud that I'm better than you and not care what you think as mere payback for the way you've treated me. So if you wanna believe I have a grudge against you, go ahead. But I promise you: this behavior will ruin real world relationships as well. If you were interested in living a happy life, you'd realize it.

You'll have to listen to those who try to help you eventually. And since you're so keen on dodging questions, I won't post my opinions on this film like I planned to at all.

I'm wondering why they're making a movie about Madden anyway?
Since I never really followed sports, I must be out of the loop.
I mean, I understand he was popular, possibly even beloved to some, and a lot of people made fun of him, but did he really have a life so interesting as to warrant a movie?

I really don't know what he did outside of being a sports commentator.

(Now don't throw bricks at me if I don't know that he was some superstar quarterback at one time or a world-famous Olympic gold medalist.)
I'm gonna be completely honest and say that I literally know absolutely nothing about this guy, Madden.

What makes this movie compelling for me is just Nicolas Cage, because he can make practically any movie worth the price of admission just by himself. I may not always love what he does with a character, but it is always interesting!

And so, to those who feel the movie should be approached with lowered expectations, or that the Caliendo guy might do a better impression of Madden, I respect your opinions, but I do not agree with your opinions.

I am 100% happy that they cast Cage and will definitely not feel that the part should have gone to someone else.

That doesn't mean I am sure I will love the movie - David O. Russell is not by any means one of my favorite directors.

But I think it will definitely be an interesting movie to watch, I hope it turns out good (and even if it doesn't, it's still another Cage performance I wouldn't dream of missing).

Well actually having some knowledge of this subject matter, and lucid objectivity that's not annoying vapid enthusiasm, Maddens greatest claim to fame in the football world was navigating Al Davis. Al Davis's life would be a movie worth seeing. He coached the Raiders and eventually became owner of the team during its Camelot years when Madden was their coach.
Again, Cages appearance is extremely off-putting. Normally I would want to see this movie, but can tell it's gonna be a clumsy mess just by looking at the cover. Unless it gets rave reviews, or a supporting cast that draws me in, I'll be passing on this one.

I'm gonna be completely honest and say that I literally know absolutely nothing about this guy, Madden.

What makes this movie compelling for me is just Nicolas Cage, because he can make practically any movie worth the price of admission just by himself. I may not always love what he does with a character, but it is always interesting!

So you just wanna see it because it has Nic Cage. And you don't even know who Madden is. Next time, let the people who are excited for a Madden movie start the thread. Maybe your emotional posting is best suited for movies that provide more than one emotional output.

IAnd so, to those who feel the movie should be approached with lowered expectations, or that the Caliendo guy might do a better impression of Madden, I respect your opinions, but I do not agree with your opinions.

Just because Nic Cage is Nic Cage. Caliendo's already made money for playing him.

lucid objectivity that's not annoying vapid enthusiasm
I don't know if you realize this, but it is humanly possible to have some genuine enthusiasm without losing objectivity in any way, shape, or form.

I don't know if you realize this, but it is humanly possible to have some genuine enthusiasm without losing objectivity in any way, shape, or form.

If you just wanna support Nic Cage just say so instead of calling the idea "compelling" on a website where "compelling" is used in a more intellectual fashion than "I love x actor," despite its literal definition. You think we can't sense vapid enthusiasm? At least I can admit that I was vapidly enthusiastic about Borderlands without saying "it could be five stars." I knew chances were that it would be bad and I still wanna see it for the Borderlands world. And literally no one insulted me for it because I admitted it. I didn't hide it. I didn't cling to a 1% chance that it would be an amazing movie. I want to see it simply because I love the Borderlands games. End of story.

No one is going to blame you if you say you love Nic Cage. In fact, they might even respect you more for it.

EDIT: In fact, you wanna know something? I was used to the Cats trailer's CGI characters and even DEFENDED IT, saying that it was still better than the first Sonic movie design. I knew people were going to get onto my case about it, and they did, and I didn't bite back. I knew chances were that I was gonna be against the whole world and I accepted it. They might not've let me have my opinion but I let them have theirs.

One thing I thought was really interesting is that before Nicolas Cage was cast to play the title role, Will Ferrell was said to be the top choice for the role.

Will Ferrell is slated to star as John Madden in an upcoming movie about the Hall of Fame coach and broadcaster who also became famous for the football video game that bears his name, according to a Deadline report.

The movie, called "Madden," will be produced by Amazon and MGM studios and directed by David O'Russell, a five-time Academy Award nominee, Deadline reports. The movie will be based on a Black List script by Cambron Clark, according to Deadline. This film is independent of another project about Madden's life that is reportedly in the works with Tom Brady as executive producer.

There is no indication when filming on "Madden" will start or when the movie will be released.

Ferrell has a long personal history with sports. The actor studied sports information at Southern California with hopes of becoming a sports broadcaster. He has made numerous appearances for Trojans football games and events. He also has starred in an array of sports movies.

Well actually having some knowledge of this subject matter, and lucid objectivity that's not annoying vapid enthusiasm, Maddens greatest claim to fame in the football world was navigating Al Davis. Al Davis's life would be a movie worth seeing. He coached the Raiders and eventually became owner of the team during its Camelot years when Madden was their coach.
Again, Cages appearance is extremely off-putting. Normally I would want to see this movie, but can tell it's gonna be a clumsy mess just by looking at the cover. Unless it gets rave reviews, or a supporting cast that draws me in, I'll be passing on this one.
👀 👀

I should have emphasized as a coach his greatest claim to fame.
In his prime he was one of the best color announcers ever, and of course his video game followed suit to this day.