Please recommend new weird films

Tools    

Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes and River (by the same director)
Dream Scenario
Mad God
Smoking Causes Coughing (anything by Quentin Dupieux, really, but I've only seen this one)
Strawberry Mansion

Inland Empire
El Topo
Brain Dead (aka Dead Alive)
Tenant, The
Barbarian
Climax
Tetsuo, the Iron Man
Brain Damage

I'll second "Mad God". It's quite a ride.

Oh, I love body horror. Glad it’s finally enjoying a renaissance, though I’ll watch most horror anyway.
You seen Saint Maud?
pretty decent.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
You might well have seen it, since it's not obscure, and it's 2013: Under the Skin. One of those films that a student of film criticism can dig into for theme, motif, etc. etc. Not my kind of thing, fairly unsettling. But tossing in out "just in case" you missed it ...
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

You might well have seen it, since it's not obscure, and it's 2013: Under the Skin. One of those films that a student of film criticism can dig into for theme, motif, etc. etc. Not my kind of thing, fairly unsettling. But tossing in out "just in case" you missed it ...
Thank you — I thought it was okay. I’m usually rather anti-criticism, at least insofar as it seems hell-bent on trying to find ‘meaning’ or a ‘message’ in art. The charming thing about Under the Skin-type stuff to me is that it’s quite open to interpretation. I saw a film years later that very much reminded me of Under the Skin and liked it a bit more; can’t think of the name just now. It had an alien take over people’s bodies and then sort of shed their skin? It had voiceover of the alien’s POV in the same voice throughout. Anyway, not relevant.

Edit: that film I couldn’t remember is Lifechanger (2018). Highly recommend to anyone in this thread.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7188978/

Fearless Frank

It's from 1967 but I definitely remember it being weird.

Lvl 30 UA Arcanist - Rimetongue Caller / Archlich
Not that obscure (you've probably watched it), but awesomely very much weird, IMO: Pahanhautoja (Hatching) - 2022

As you didn't put a rigid year limit... I wanna mention Malpertuis (The Legend of Doom House), also, from the year 1971.

Not that obscure (you've probably watched it), but awesomely very much weird, IMO: Pahanhautoja (Hatching) - 2022

As you didn't put a rigid year limit... I wanna mention Malpertuis (The Legend of Doom House), also, from the year 1971.
Hatching was awesome! Exactly the right kind of bizarre. That mother. *shudder*

I like the look of Malpertuis, too.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Smoking Causes Coughing (anything by Quentin Dupieux, really, but I've only seen this one)

Seconding this, very weird!

Also The Lure

Weirdness is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. But let's give this a go...

All from the 2020s:

Annette

Preparations to be Together for an Unknown Period of Time
Titane
Earwig
Lamb
Enys Men
Flux Gourmet
EO
The Beast
The Vourdalek

Slightly earlier (2018-19 or something like that):