MoFo Fantasy Football - 2024 Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I like the head to head matchups but for purely arbitrary reasons. I couldn’t make any argument against it, really. It’s just my preference. I get the frustration, however.
Is there actually a way to change the win-loss system in this? Is the H2H built in or is there some way to change the method?

Brett Favre has Parkinsons disease
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ns-disease.amp

I know he tarnished his rep by sending a picture of his ding dong and how he left Green Bay, but I always liked him. Nobody is stainless.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I agree it mimics the feel, but it's totally random. It's essentially no different than if we all scored our points and then rolled dice to see which points played "against" some other points. If we did it in that order, deciding matchups AFTER scores rather than BEFORE, I think people would be clamoring for it to change, which kinda just shows that it's mostly a psychological trick.

I'm all for scoring formats and changes between sports that mimic the sports themselves at some point, provided they're doing more than just injecting randomness. If there were some way to actually have interplay between the teams, then okay, but right now it's a total facade.
You are right because, of course, there isn’t actually real people competing. I don’t really find it much different than people wanting to change structure because the Redskins make the playoffs at 8-8. It’s the game we are playing for better or worse. I like the trade off of being annoyed once in a while about it for the feeling I get watching the progress of every game intently every Sunday.

#JusticeForHamilton

Well I got Patrick Mahomes. Gave up Kyler Murray and a concussed Davonte Smith.
Obviously im hoping for a change of output from Patrick and Kelce. Boy itd be sweet if they rocked it like it was 2 or 3 years ago.

Brett Favre has Parkinsons disease
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ns-disease.amp

I know he tarnished his rep by sending a picture of his ding dong and how he left Green Bay, but I always liked him. Nobody is stainless.

They guy was tough. I thought he deserved more than one Super Bowl win.

The trick is not minding
Well I got Patrick Mahomes. Gave up Kyler Murray and a concussed Davonte Smith.
Obviously im hoping for a change of output from Patrick and Kelce. Boy itd be sweet if they rocked it like it was 2 or 3 years ago.
Nabers can now join Smith in the concussion protocol.

Nabers can now join Smith in the concussion protocol.
I made a bad call on Jalen Tolbert with our matchup. Curious if it will make the difference in the outcome.

The trick is not minding
I made a bad call on Jalen Tolbert with our matchup. Curious if it will make the difference in the outcome.
I was actually thinking about the trade and, while yes Mahomes is a good get and has a higher ceiling than Kyler, I really thought you should have aimed at a WR from him as well, like maybe Godwin perhaps. Your WR group has really taken a hit, and until Kupp comes back it’s just Flowers really.

I was actually thinking about the trade and, while yes Mahomes is a good get and has a higher ceiling than Kyler, I really thought you should have aimed at a WR from him as well, like maybe Godwin perhaps. Your WR group has really taken a hit, and until Kupp comes back it’s just Flowers really.
Nah I was marking out to the idea of having the Mahomes/Kelce connector. Ill roll with Flowers and Sutton, and have 2 TEs playing until Kupp returns. Dont think C.C. would have parted with a WR too. If he would have then its on me. I usually overpay to get what I want quickly rather than dead even trades which people dont accept.

A system of cells interlinked
My whole team has taken a hit, with Evans now in trouble also.

Once again, FFB is heavily based on whether or not the dudes you get during your draft stay healthy, as the wire is a barren place.

*Cue Dune music*

Think im gonna pass on Courtland Sutton in my Flex and go with Lazard. Even though Sutton gets the targets, and Lazard is up against a tougher pass defense, I just trust Aaron Rodgers abilities over Denvers QB.

Look, I understand projections don't count for much, but if I can't get a win this week, I may go winless for the entire season.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked

Look, I understand projections don't count for much, but if I can't get a win this week, I may go winless for the entire season.
Should be in the bag for you with my team in a massive tailspin today. Started the day off strong, but multiple dudes are folding up like lawn chairs in a hurricane.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Monday is a little sweeter when your real team gets whipped and it screws your fantasy week too. Awesome

Close match between us, Tongo. It’ll come down to which of our RB will do well tomorrow.
Im surprised its this close. Achane has a 3.80 cushion vs Walker III, and KW III is up against a tough Detroit D. I think you got me, but still surprised its coming down to Monday.

The trick is not minding
Im surprised its this close. Achane has a 3.80 cushion vs Walker III, and KW III is up against a tough Detroit D. I think you got me, but still surprised its coming down to Monday.
Yeah, My kicker did nothing, and my D got trounced earning me a -1 finish. That certainly helped keep it closer than I expected as well.
Maybe there is something about teams having their worst performance playing against you, after all.

Should be in the bag for you with my team in a massive tailspin today. Started the day off strong, but multiple dudes are folding up like lawn chairs in a hurricane.
You have a 29-point lead on me going into MNF. You have Calvin Ridley left to play, I have Goff and LaPorta. If Ridley has even a modest night, let's say he only gets his projection of nine points, that means I am going to need 40+ points from Goff and LaPorta, combined. Goff has averaged an underwhelming 13.50 points per game, thus far, and LaPorta a meager 4.5. Could Detroit have an offensive explosion that includes five TDs from Goff, two of them to LaPorta? Oh, sure, that could happen. Is it likely? Uhhhhhhh, no.