Anaconda reboot

Tools    

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...writer-1272672

"Anaconda, the late 1990s animal horror hit, is getting the reboot treatment.

Sony's Columbia Pictures is developing an all-new and all-modern take on the cult movie, hiring Evan Daugherty, who has worked on such tentpoles as Tomb Raider and Snow White and the Huntsman, to pen the script.

No producer is attached at this stage.

Sources say Daugherty’s take is not a remake or a sequel but a re-imagining. While details are being kept deep in the belly of the beast, it is known that the studio is hoping to take a Meg-style approach to the concept."

Looks like the reboot might star Jack Black and Paul Rudd...

They technically already remade this movie in China so I guess they'd HAVE to go the reboot route.

Well this is their chance to make one people will like more. And if they botch it (likely), nobody will care. If not, it might end up being more of a Road House situation.

Or they can just call it a "re-imagining"

The first was only ok to begin with. Can’t imagine a reboot doing that much better
With a good script and good VFX, it could be a lot of fun. Imagine something like Tremors, but with anacondas.

The first was only ok to begin with. Can’t imagine a reboot doing that much better
The 2nd one was good too. It went downhill when the other sequels went straight to TV.

How?!
This is why mainstream Hollywood won't get any respect from those that know better. Tens of millions of dollars thrown away on rebooting a beer & pretzels movie from the 90s. Sad.
What's concerning is anyone wanting to write a great screenplay to break into the business, don't do too good a job! Write something from a winning formula and maybe just sprinkle a little bit of freshness to go into it lest you scare away buyers. God himself must be keeping them from rebooting Gone with the Wind.

I sympathise with your feelings TONGO but believe me, studios aren't going to stop with the remakes and reboots as long as it remains a safer financial bet than original stuff.

Think about it - EVERY big hit at the box-office this summer was a sequel. People will get what they repeatedly show they will pay good money for.

I sympathise with your feelings TONGO but believe me, studios aren't going to stop with the remakes and reboots as long as it remains a safer financial bet than original stuff.

Think about it - EVERY big hit at the box-office this summer was a sequel. People will get what they repeatedly show they will pay good money for.
Sad but true. We are more to blame than them. If art house movies made 100 million dollars with shoestring budgets then it would look alot different out there.