Wooden Sailing Ship Sea and Naval Battle movies

Tools    

Hi,
I am doing research and trying to find movies, wooden sailing ship Sea Battles or Wooden Ship Naval Battles. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks!

Main one should probably be Master and Commander, with Russell Crowe.

Google--Age of Sail movies. That's what that era is called.

Ben-Hur (1959) has a nice wooden ship battle - boats had sails and rowers

Captain Horatio Hornblower (1951)

The Hornblower TV series had battle scenes

The Sharpe TV series might have some - I only saw a few episodes, but there might be a scene or two

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Pretty much all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Mutiny on the Bounty (various versions)
I'm sure there are ship battles in some of the Sinbad movies.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
For an Asian perspective: "The Admiral: Roaring Currents" (2014)

Based on the real-life Battle of Myeongnyang around 1597, in which a small number of Korean battle ships prevailed (through strategy and determination) against a much larger invading Japanese force. The visuals are stunning, the combat scenes are intense, and it's a treat all the way around.

Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Not a movie but the series "Black Sails" is filled with battles. The movie Red Cliff has Asian versions.

The Sea Hawk (1940) with Errol Flynn and H.M.S. Defiant with Alec Guinness and Dirk Bogarde?

Trouble with a capital "T"
The Sea Hawk (1940) with Errol Flynn and H.M.S. Defiant with Alec Guinness and Dirk Bogarde?
Good one. Captain Blood and Against All Flags with Errol Flynn as well.