An underrated TV series

Tools    

The Outer Limits (1963-65)

"Better Off Ted" (2009-2010)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thriller (1960-62)

The Champions. It only lasted one season (1968-69) so it maybe more unknown than underrated.

The Champions. It only lasted one season (1968-69) so it maybe more unknown than underrated.

The Invaders 1967-68

"Better Off Ted" (2009-2010)
Love this show.

"That's between you and your god."
"Listen to my tone, not my words . . . also I have caramels".

Phil and Lem were great side characters, Portia de Rossi as the boss was a total delight.

My favorite episodes were the ones that really honed in on soulless corporate culture, like the episode where Ted is erased from the system (big shoutout to the woman playing the PR rep who watches the body fall past the window and just goes, "Mmmm. That's gonna be some paperwork") or the episode where the new light sensors don't see Black people (which just serves as an incredible analogy for all of the "invisible" ways that people can face systemic bias at work).

The fake, self-congratulatory corporate ads between segments were also very good.

The Invaders 1967-68
I vaguely remember this. I was 7-8 years old when it originally aired. I think I confused it with The Outer Limits. I think I loved most things Quinn Martin.

I vaguely remember this. I was 7-8 years old when it originally aired. I think I confused it with The Outer Limits. I think I loved most things Quinn Martin.

the outer limits was anthology. the invaders was an ongoing series. i had some interesting episodes with the special effects of the 60s

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Stark Raving Mad (1999–2000)
(Sorry for the grainy video, but it's the best I could find. I don't think this show was ever released on streaming or DVD.)

I'm not sure what "underrated" means in this context. Is it because of the people who didn't watch it or because of the people who watched it and didn't like it?

The revival of the 1980s hit series "Dallas" was basically hated out of existence. Lots of people stopped watching after a few episodes, and the ones who stuck with it disagreed with everything that happened in the stories.
I thought it was a very exciting and fresh take on the classic prime time soap genre, even after Larry Hagman (as the famous JR Ewing) had died.

Carnivale (2003-2005), Happy Town (2010), Camelot (2011), Damnation (2017) and most recently My Lady Jane (2024) are examples of great-series-cancelled-too-soon.
I guess these were costly to produce and weren't the big hits the studios had hoped for.
They no longer allow a series to find and build an audience, it's got to be instant profit or nothing at all and this is becoming an increasingly difficult thing to achieve.
Back in "the old days" they could count on most people watching the same thing because there weren't many alternatives.
I think LOST was the last TV series that had that kind of impact. People talked about it, and not just online.

The Comeback & Enlightened were both hugely satisfying tv series that nobody ever mentions.

Robin of Sherwood

The 80’s Robin Hood show that inspired Kevin Costner’s Prince of Thieves.

A great cast with top notch villains, most notably Nickolas Grace, glorious as the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robert Addie equally evil as Guy of Gisbourne.

Unlike most takes on the legend Robin is two different characters this time, due to Michael Praed leaving at the end of the second season to play a doomed Prince in Dynasty!

Rather than recasting Robin Hood, Jason Connery plays the role of Robert of Huntingdon in the third and final season, he becomes Robin of Loxley's successor and gathers again the Men of Sherwood.

Robin of Sherwood was also the first to include a Saracen into the band of Merry Men, which many later takes on the legend have also included.

The soundtrack is performed by Clannad which gives the show added depth and quality.

The Collector (2004-2006)

I don't know if it's underrated or not, but Harper's Island was/is certainly underseen, IMO. 1 series, 13 episodes, no cliffhanger as it was intended to be an anthology series (probably like Slasher or American Horror Story) but was cancelled.

it was intended to be an anthology series (probably like Slasher or American Horror Story)
I love SLASHER and I still need to watch series 4 and 5 but I can't find it anywhere.
AHS is a mixed bag, they never know when to stop. Roanoke is my favourite and Apocalypse (the last one I've watched) is the worst.