Give me the name of your favourite film

Tools    

@TheVanillaGorilla - what about Goodfellas, that's another favorite of mines

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

When you said the other one I thought you were referring to a movie title. The other film that goes a hundred percent for me is Alien 😂
Co-eenky-dink: my favorite is Aliens (as in the sequel). My no. 1 of alltime for technicality is Godfather, but my favorite to watch is Aliens.

@TheVanillaGorilla - what about Goodfellas, that's another favorite of mines

Goodfellas for me is 81% I've always thought the film was slightly overrated. Greatly acted though, especially Joe pesci's scenes

Co-eenky-dink: my favorite is Aliens (as in the sequel). My no. 1 of alltime for technicality is Godfather, but my favorite to watch is Aliens.

Alien 100% I found it more mature and sophisticated. It's just an original masterpiece

Aliens though I would probably give 85% it's extremely entertaining though and one of my favorite action films.

Godfather I would give 90%. Stunning movie but a bit overrated in my view. Godfather part 2 I'd give 70% I think it's one of the most overrated films of all time but still brilliant.

Trouble with a capital "T"
When you said the other one I thought you were referring to a movie title. The other film that goes a hundred percent for me is Alien 😂
Was a joke But agreed Alien is great!

Alien 100% I found it more mature and sophisticated. It's just an original masterpiece

Aliens though I would probably give 85% it's extremely entertaining though and one of my favorite action films.

Godfather I would give 90%. Stunning movie but a bit overrated in my view. Godfather part 2 I'd give 70% I think it's one of the most overrated films of all time but still brilliant.

Now I do yours.

1. Blade Runner. There was a time in my very early "cinema buff" days where this was my number 1, Chinatown was 2 and Sunset Boulevard was three. Ah those days... but, now Blade Runner, perfect is it is, isn't even in my top 100. But the sequel is really close to it. They're so even, but I give 1 the edge for its incredible soundtrack, which is in my top ten albums of all time.

2. Seventh Seal: My favorite Bergman, and the first Bergman I ever considered perfect. Actually, hilarious story: right after this movie, my very next one was another movie that I didn't even know had Max Von Sydow: The Exorcist.

3. Stalker. Seen it twice. Satantango cemented my idea of "perfected slow cinema," so this doesn't quite hold a candle to it. But it IS the first slow cinema film I ever watched, and its psychoanalysis was heavily influential in developing my style and in writing a story I had lots of trouble fleshing out for years.

4. Paris, Texas. I like it, but I didn't love it. The scenes were all collectively good, but I was hardly amazed.

5. Metropolis: Currently my favorite silent film. I know this excellent fanmade wmv for Ramalama Bang Bang with Metropolis clips throughout.

6. The Shining: used to be a 9.5 for me. Then I read the book, and now it's a 9. The movie has some excellent scenes that weren't in the book, but the book fleshed the story out much more well. It's the Secret of Nimh conundrum all over again.

7. Apocalypse Now. I'm a Coppola nut, so do I have to admit this again? I get more out of the comparisons between Willard and Kurtz each time I watch it, which is why I'm extremely eager to find the Final Cut.

8. Taxi Driver. Perfect except for one thing: I hated how the movie pretty much ejected the love interest after the first act ended. Otherwise, 9.5. I typically have one problem with Scorsese movies, save The Departed.

9. The Lighthouse. How the EFF did Pattinson do a better job than DaFoe in one of DaFoe's finest roles? This is TWILIGHT BOY.

Haven't seen Kwaidan yet.

2001: A Space Odyssey

I would give it 90% it's the only anime I have seen to be fair alongside grave of fireflies

Now I do yours.

1. Blade Runner. There was a time in my very early "cinema buff" days where this was my number 1, Chinatown was 2 and Sunset Boulevard was three. Ah those days... but, now Blade Runner, perfect is it is, isn't even in my top 100. But the sequel is really close to it. They're so even, but I give 1 the edge for its incredible soundtrack, which is in my top ten albums of all time.

2. Seventh Seal: My favorite Bergman, and the first Bergman I ever considered perfect. Actually, hilarious story: right after this movie, my very next one was another movie that I didn't even know had Max Von Sydow: The Exorcist.

3. Stalker. Seen it twice. Satantango cemented my idea of "perfected slow cinema," so this doesn't quite hold a candle to it. But it IS the first slow cinema film I ever watched, and its psychoanalysis was heavily influential in developing my style and in writing a story I had lots of trouble fleshing out for years.

4. Paris, Texas. I like it, but I didn't love it. The scenes were all collectively good, but I was hardly amazed.

5. Metropolis: Currently my favorite silent film. I know this excellent fanmade wmv for Ramalama Bang Bang with Metropolis clips throughout.

6. The Shining: used to be a 9.5 for me. Then I read the book, and now it's a 9. The movie has some excellent scenes that weren't in the book, but the book fleshed the story out much more well. It's the Secret of Nimh conundrum all over again.

7. Apocalypse Now. I'm a Coppola nut, so do I have to admit this again? I get more out of the comparisons between Willard and Kurtz each time I watch it, which is why I'm extremely eager to find the Final Cut.

8. Taxi Driver. Perfect except for one thing: I hated how the movie pretty much ejected the love interest after the first act ended. Otherwise, 9.5. I typically have one problem with Scorsese movies, save The Departed.

9. The Lighthouse. How the EFF did Pattinson do a better job than DaFoe in one of DaFoe's finest roles? This is TWILIGHT BOY.

Haven't seen Kwaidan yet.

Some good points. Although Robert Patterson performance was stunning I still think Willem Dafoe stole the show. I definitely recommend Kwaidan though