The "It was THAT actor???" thread

Tools    

Trouble with a capital "T"
I'll be mocked for this but for some reason I couldn't place Frank Vincent in Goodfellas. It was that darn mustache! It did too good of a job!
At least you know who Frank Vincent is, me I don't have a clue. Guess I'll go look him up.

Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder will be my forever go-to answer for this. Like I've watched it with people just to see when they pick it up.
Cruise was incredible in Tropic Thunder. He should have gotten the Oscar nomination that Robert Downey Jr did.

Cruise was incredible in Tropic Thunder. He should have gotten the Oscar nomination that Robert Downey Jr did.
In a just world, they both would've been nominated imo.

Oftentimes it's happened to me when an actor becomes super famous after they had a smaller or less significant role than what they later get famous for...

For example, Austin Butler got really big once he starred as Elvis in the Baz Luhrmann biopic in 2022. But I I had seen Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood and had no idea it was him playing Tex. That was kind of a fun surprise once I found out.

Another one is Diane Kruger, who I truly got to know in another QT film, Inglourious Basterds. But while growing up watching the National Treasure movies, it wasn't until later I realized that Bridget von Hammersmark was in fact also Abigail from National Treasure.

Oftentimes it's happened to me when an actor becomes super famous after they had a smaller or less significant role than what they later get famous for...

For example, Austin Butler got really big once he starred as Elvis in the Baz Luhrmann biopic in 2022. But I I had seen Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood and had no idea it was him playing Tex. That was kind of a fun surprise once I found out.

Another one is Diane Kruger, who I truly got to know in another QT film, Inglourious Basterds. But while growing up watching the National Treasure movies, it wasn't until later I realized that Bridget von Hammersmark was in fact also Abigail from National Treasure.
I had no idea Austin Butler was in that movie

I'm watching a young Denis Thatcher proposing to Margaret Roberts, and I think, I know I seen this guy somewhere before...

WARNING: spoilers below
Viserys Targaryen, Game of Thrones