What is an ELO?

you must not be a music fan

you must not be a music fan
I am. And I never heard of it.

Have you heard of Duncan Dhu?

I am. And I never heard of it.

Have you heard of Duncan Dhu?
i have not

Energized Lethal Oscillation (a form of capitol punishment).

Why would you want to punish the Capitol??

True story: my cousin & her husband took me to Disney World when I was little, and one night we watched what was then called the "Electric Light Parade" (an after-sundown parade featuring lots of lit-up floats). So I grew up thinking that the Electric Light Orchestra was whoever provided the music for the parade!

Why didn't you just google them?

ELO is a classic pop rock band. I guarantee you've heard one of the following: Don't Bring Me Down, Mr. Blue Sky (heard at the end of the Mario movie), Turn to Stone, Sweet Talkin' Woman, Evil Woman, Strange Magic, Do Ya (if you saw the Borderlands film trailer you know this). They were the pioneers of an offshoot of pop rock we in the music forum community call "symphonic rock." These guys are very showy, very catchy, disco-influenced. They have a collective of top ten albums and singles, many of which are played on modern pop and rock radio. If you don't know who they are, that likely means you weren't into those songs enough to pay attention.

They are a definite favorite of mine. In fact, I agree with frontman Jeff Lynne on the opinion that their album A New World Record is their best, despite Out of the Blue being the most popular.

True story: my cousin & her husband took me to Disney World when I was little, and one night we watched what was then called the "Electric Light Parade" (an after-sundown parade featuring lots of lit-up floats). So I grew up thinking that the Electric Light Orchestra was whoever provided the music for the parade!
Yeah the Main Street Electrical Parade is a blast.

Yeah the Main Street Electrical Parade is a blast.
Yes - I guess that was the official name. Maybe it was I who called it the "Electric Light Parade" after years of growing up hearing of the "Electric Light Orchestra."

Another true story... during one job I had, I kept my ELO CD in my car's CD player for 2 years!
I'd make sure to listen to "Hold on Tight" everyday during my commute (it was the one shot of positivity I needed to face the day).