RIP Mitzi Gaynor, 93

Tools    

Blimey, she was still alive?

Evidently, yes.

OMG, Citizen is going to be crushed...what an amazing career...We're Not Married, Anything Goes (1956), The Joker is Wild, Les Girls, and, of course, South Pacific. Even when her movie career began to wind down, she bounced back with a series of very entertaining television specials that gave her career a reboot during the 60's and 70's. A true triple threat performer. RIP, Mitzi.

I remember her best from her TV appearances in the 1970s when I was a teenager...she was in her 40s and looked great.
RIP

I remember her best from her TV appearances in the 1970s when I was a teenager...she was in her 40s and looked great.
RIP
You should definitely check out some of her movies.

Very sad. Loved her in South Pacific. And I, too, watched her on TV specials and always thought she was a knockout in everything she did. Godspeed, Mitzi.

Trouble with a capital "T"
This is very sad news for me, not only am I a fan of Mitzi Gaynor, it gave be a good feeling to know that Mitzi was still with us as she was a link to the past days of Hollywood star grandeur. Everytime I watch a movie I look it up later on IMDB and see that so many of the stars from the past, died so young...and that's depressing.

I love the youthful joy in this photo of Mitzi before she was famous and that's how I'll remember her as someone full of life.

Not the clip I wanted to find but this one is nice too.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	57bf198b19ccf00b24cff552d6d61e73.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	101583