Anora - Sean Baker

Tools    

Anora star Mikey Madison at the movie's LA premiere

NEON just announced a limited-edition Anora t-shirt that will be sold exclusively at a NYC pop-up.

Genuinely jelly of anyone who gets one

The merch for the movie is.... pretty wild. (Yes that's actual merch from NEON)

The critical reception and early box-office results point to a very strong contender at the Oscars, similar to Parasite a few years back

https://deadline.com/2024/10/indie-f...me-1236121361/

My best friend really wants to watch this together. I’m very mixed on it. Also hearing very good things, and I do pole dancing professionally, so interested on that level alone at this point, but it also sounds so ridiculously cliché that it makes The Apprentice look profound. Maybe I’m missing something.

My best friend really wants to watch this together. I’m very mixed on it. Also hearing very good things, and I do pole dancing professionally, so interested on that level alone at this point, but it also sounds so ridiculously cliché that it makes The Apprentice look profound. Maybe I’m missing something.
I'm trying very hard not to know too much about the movie before I see it, hoping it will be a new spin on some familiar grounds...

I'm trying very hard not to know too much about the movie before I see it, hoping it will be a new spin on some familiar grounds...
Same — I think it’s best to always know as little as possible.