The MoFo Top 100 Musicals Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Muppet Christmas Carol was my #4. A Christmas classic! An excellent retelling of the story, a brilliant evocation of a Christmas-card style Victoriana (complete with muppets and singing vegetables), humour that doesn't get old and a fantastic selection of festive tunes (The Love Has Gone notwithstanding). I watch this pretty much every Christmas.

My list 4/25
Seen 46/50

I love The Muppet Christmas Carol, but didn't have room for it on my ballot. It's a delightful film with wonderful performances and great songs. The Lure is fantastic and one of my favourite films. It was #5 on my ballot.

Seen: 49/50

I’ve seen some muppet stuff when I was younger but don’t remember much about what I saw in detail. So yeah, I’ve never truly seen The Muppet Christmas Carol as far as I know… but you know what? This Christmas I think I’ll change that! It’ll be a holiday promise!

I have not seen The Lure but I’m a little bit interested actually.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Had my wife sent a list.....Muppet Christmas Carol would have been on it. I enjoy it too but not on my list.

Haven't seen The Lure.

It chills me to the bone that I left Muppet Christmas Carol off my ballot, but I'm so glad it made the countdown. It's a close second to my favorite Christmas Carol adaptation, the Patrick Stewart one from 1999.

Halfway through and I've only contributed 2 entries. Just not my genre, opinion can't be trusted.

I’ve seen some muppet stuff when I was younger but don’t remember much about what I saw in detail. So yeah, I’ve never truly seen The Muppet Christmas Carol as far as I know… but you know what? This Christmas I think I’ll change that! It’ll be a holiday promise!

I have not seen The Lure but I’m a little bit interested actually.
I'm 100% with you on both accounts, so yeah.

SEEN: 15/48
MY BALLOT: 5/25

My ballot  

After 41 entries with pretty much ties all the way, we've had a batch of 7 with no ties at all with point gaps getting a tad bigger. That's the usual norm, though, as we head into the second half of the countdown.

New MoFo list suggestion: Top 100 Christmas movies
Only if Die Hard counts for the list then I'm in

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
After 41 entries with pretty much ties all the way, we've had a batch of 7 with no ties at all with point gaps getting a tad bigger. That's the usual norm, though, as we head into the second half of the countdown.

Inside Lewyn Davis and Muppet Christmas Carol were tied on 79 points. The Lure is tied with one of tomorrow's entries.

Inside Lewyn Davis and Muppet Christmas Carol were tied on 79 points. The Lure is tied with one of tomorrow's entries.
You're right. For some reason, forgot to enter yesterday's entries on my spreadsheet. Weekend blues.

Guys. This countdown so far. Maybe a time for an intervention.

EDIT: After 41 entries with pretty much ties all the way, we've had a batch of 6 with no ties at all (from #59 to #54) with point gaps getting a tad bigger. That's the usual norm, though, as we head into the second half of the countdown.

Prediction for my ballot:

1. Will Make It
2. Charlotte's Web (#79)
3. Won't Make It
4. Will Make It
5. Won't Make It
6. Walk the Line (#95)
7. Won't Make It
8. Will Make It
9. Won't Make It
10. Won't Make It
11.Will Make It
12. Corpse Bride (#61)
13. Will Make It
14. Will Make It
15.The Jungle Book (#63)
16. Won't Make It
17. Won't Make It
18. Won't Make It
19. Won't Make It
20. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (#66)
21. Will Make It
22. Won't Make It
23. Will Make It
24. Won't Make It
25. Joe's Apartment (One Pointer)

Though I could be really wrong on that. I feel like this has been one of the most difficult countdowns to predict that we've ever had.