Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Unregistered User
Yes! especially the loss of chivalry(think this is the word?) thanks to hardcore feminists. For example if I've got heavy luggage and a man offers too lift it into or out of the taxi for me, I'm not going to say no! but now some men don't do things like this anymore because they think they are going to get their head bitten off for asking.

I for one don't mind men asking if I want help doing something, or hold the door open for me, or saying I'm looking nice today and so on...

Another thing for me that annoys me, men who are cowards. For example, if I'm walking along with a man and a criminal comes up to try and mug us - I want a man who will either be able to protect me and himself from these people OR at least TRY, if you try but still get beaten up you are still amazing in my eyes, at least you were not a coward.

That's just me... oh and I will help by the way, will not just stand there while it's happening...

You make this sound like you get mugged on a regular occurrence?

Automated telephone customer help. If I call a number for some kind of help, the last thing I want to talk to is a damn machine! Just let me speak to a ****ing human being for ****'s sake! And the worst is when there is no option where I can just press 0 and speak to a customer representative. I have to go through some bullsh!t just to be given that option or there is no option to do so at all!

^ Don't know about America, but here in the UK you can press certain buttons/sequences to get past the stupid machines and through to a human. There was a whole list in the newspapers a month or so ago for lots of companies and the buttons you can press to get through quicker for each one.

Or try leaving it if it's a free number, don't do anything it says and stay silent and sometimes that can work because nothing is happening it auto switches to a human. I've tried that a few times and it's worked.

^ Don't know about America, but here in the UK you can press certain buttons/sequences to get past the stupid machines and through to a human. There was a whole list in the newspapers a month or so ago for lots of companies and the buttons you can press to get through quicker for each one.

Or try leaving it if it's a free number, don't do anything it says and stay silent and sometimes that can work because nothing is happening it auto switches to a human. I've tried that a few times and it's worked.
In the US, if you press the "0" key on your keypad, you should be transferred immediately to an actual customer representative. That is how it should be, but many times that is not always an option. In more then a few cases I have found there is no such option even during standard business hours! Many times they are completely automated! Those cases really piss me off!

I tend to press buttons randomally until i get through to a human. But my pet hate, i dont care where that human is from, but be fluent in English if im asking for help so they can understand me and i can understand the reply im being given.

Firstly, I didn't even know you were a Woman and I apologize for not knowing that and secondly - When I was a child and into my teenage years, it was drummed into me! You always stand up for an elderly or a pregnant Woman on busses, train, ferries and so forth.

Many teenagers and adults today, don't care in the least. I personally don't understand that. I'm no angel, but that's commonsense in that regard.
haha you dont have to apologise, but thanks.

I grew up going on days out with my grandma, and she drilled it into me, and like i say, i have no issue giving my seat up for these people, I just hate it when they think it is a god given right for me to HAVE to stand up. Im doing it cause im a decent person not for any other reason

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've found the "no 0 option" too, bot if you pick one of the others available, the 0 opeion eventually becomes available - at least when I've encountered it (usually banks).

I've found the "no 0 option" too, bot if you pick one of the others available, the 0 opeion eventually becomes available - at least when I've encountered it (usually banks).
That happened to me yesterday, and it still pissed me off! Just let me speak to a human dammit!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I hear you. This transfer of services to online is convenient - until you can't do it online and need a person's help and can't get it. Sometimes they won't give it to me just because I wasn't there when my wife bought something. I know everything about her and if I were a woman - any woman - who had the same info and said I was my wife, they'd give it to me. This doesn't really make me feel my info is secure.

I hear you. This transfer of services to online is convenient - until you can't do it online and need a person's help and can't get it. Sometimes they won't give it to me just because I wasn't there when my wife bought something. I know everything about her and if I were a woman - any woman - who had the same info and said I was my wife, they'd give it to me. This doesn't really make me feel my info is secure.
Unfortunately I logged in online for help first, but that was a bust. And I have no patience to wait for an email.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Mosquitoes. The world's vilest creatures.
One of them for sure, but I've found nothing worse than the yellow fly. I had a bite on the back of my leg and it swelled up so that I could hardly walk. Also the bitten area was hard as a rock and hot. And it itches like crazy for days.

Unlucky for me, I have a ton of them in my yard.

A buddy of mine works for a software company helpline... they log onto the site and he talks to them in a chatroom...

... and if you're questioning how long it takes to get a reply from the tech-whizz on your chat, it's usually because each Agent (yes, his job title is Agent) is dealing with anywhere up to 100 people all at the same time.

He deals with over 1,000 people every day...

One of them for sure, but I've found nothing worse than the yellow fly. I had a bite on the back of my leg and it swelled up so that I could hardly walk. Also the bitten area was hard as a rock and hot. And it itches like crazy for days.

Unlucky for me, I have a ton of them in my yard.
Something like this helps -

haha you dont have to apologise, but thanks.

I grew up going on days out with my grandma, and she drilled it into me, and like i say, i have no issue giving my seat up for these people, I just hate it when they think it is a god given right for me to HAVE to stand up. Im doing it cause im a decent person not for any other reason
Older Gentleman in the most part, if they see a young lady or even a middle age guy, they will stand if they're able competent to do so.

But my pet hate, i dont care where that human is from, but be fluent in English if im asking for help so they can understand me and i can understand the reply im being given.
That's rich coming from a Scouser.

Not Enough Time
You know what really grinds my gears?....

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Something like this helps -

Yeah, I don't know how keen I am on smelling like a bushman. Also Deet loses it's effectiveness after awhile. I seem to build a tolerance to it. My solution is to try to get more bats to live on my property.

Another pet peeve that I had to deal with today; when someone calls you over and over then texts you because your not answering. Like it's not possible that I could be in the middle of something. Couldn't turn my phone off either.