Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

On the outside looking in.
To Catch a Thief an other Hitchcock masterpiece that I had never seen.

9 out of 10 really really great
TO CATCH A THIEF
Out of four: ***1/4

I saw this yesterday, too! Can't say I'd rank it among Hitchcock's finest, but it's a diverting piece of fluff and it's always a pleasure to watch Grant work.

Thin Blue Line - Nice watch. Felt like watching Investigation Discovery, already addicted to ID, so the movie just looked normal to me.

6.2/10.

3 Idiots

Indians also know how to make extremely enjoyable blockbuster movies.
+
That was just a good movie and a fun watch. Like Stars on Earth is way better! Movie about a dyslexic child.

Thin Blue Line - Nice watch. Felt like watching Investigation Discovery, already addicted to ID, so the movie just looked normal to me.

6.2/10.
You have to remember that this film was released in 1988. Films like this, and their real life consequences, helped pave the way for the documentary series', which then became among the most popular programmes on the channel, which is why ID and other true crime channels exists.

That's not to say you or anyone else should like it more than they do, but it's worth giving it its well earned nod of recognition.

You have to remember that this film was released in 1988. Films like this, and their real life consequences, helped pave the way for the documentary series', which then became among the most popular programmes on the channel, which is why ID and other true crime channels exists.

That's not to say you or anyone else should like it more than they do, but it's worth giving it its well earned nod of recognition.
Yeah you can that. But since i was watching it now, seemed a bit plain. And Randall Adams was quite not guilty to me.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
We watched The Tall Man last night and enjoyed it, it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

I watched REC 3 last night - Spanish zombie movie , it was different than the previous 2 as it tried to incorporate humour into the horror.It was more gore than terror but it was ok for a zombie movie

Pitch Perfect As someone who has grown tired of Glee (all due respect to Cory Monteith, RIP), I thought this film might just be a rehash but I was pleasantly surprised. Anna Kendrick leads the cast as a stand-offish college student who wants nothing more than to get into the music production business but has a deal with her dad to finish at least a year of college before finally making up her mind. By hook-or-crook she becomes involved with one of the four a cappella groups on campus. What follows is lots of fun, with good singing, a huge amount of humor (a lot of it provided by Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins as former singers now providing color-commentary! on each competition), and just a general feel-good, entertaining romp. 8/10

Coming to America

First off I really like Eddie Murphy's late 80's early 90's work. This is the first time watching this movie as I have been told by many people it is one of the funniest Eddie Murphy movies. I was a bit disappointed there were a few laughs but I don't think it was any where near Beverly Hills Cop or even Trading Places. Story wise it wasn't too bad but seem more like a romantic comedy than just a straight comedy.

2.5/5 stars

holy crap i actually agree with guap about a movie lol, 3 idiots was great.

Solomon Kane

I'm going to blame the editing on this failure.. there were more than a couple scenes that I was just waiting for them to be over already. This made the whole movie drag and feel slow for me.. the concept was cool, the script wasn't bad.. I enjoyed parts throughout the whole film.. just pockets of boredom kept popping up

Watched Kick Ass last night... Was fun. Expected it to be a comical crap.

6.7/10.

Turbo- it's essentially Ratatouille and Cars in a blender. I'd say it's in about the middle of all the Dreamworks movies for me, in terms of enjoyment. Animation wasn't as inspired as much as their previous films from the past few years like Rise of the Guardian, but even their most plain efforts (in terms of animation) are still good to look at (Bee Movie, Over The Hedge.) The humor was there, but didn't have me laughing as much as Shrek 2, or Madagascar 3, for example. I think most of the humor comes from the main character's efforts to actually get the snail into the Indy 500; the plot is incredibly absurd, probably the studio's most to date (this is the team that had millions of bees carrying a gigantic plane, and a whale car wash.) But, I didn't regret watching it, it was enjoyable while it lasted. And it gave us a great shot of Indianapolis, which was cool, being an Indy man myself.

Oh, and I sware, there was a frame where Snoop Dogg's character's eyes were bloodshot red. That's brilliant. I want a spin off featuring that character, in vein of something like Harold And Kumar. I don't think that would pass through Dreamworks very well though.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - (may contain minor spoilers)

Butch Cassidy (Paul Newman), and the Sundance Kid (Robert Redford) are the leaders of the "Hole-In-The-Wall Gang", a notorious gang of train robbers. The two eventually migrate to Bolivia in order to continue their criminal activities after a train robbery goes wrong.

This is not a bad film by any means, but it didn't live up to its "classic" definition for me. Sometimes the script seems all over the place, one minute Butch and Sundance are hard-boiled criminals and at other moments they are experienced comedians. These sudden changes of tone happen throughout the film, leaving me wondering which Butch and Sundance the writers/director wanted us to identify with. However, when the script settles down, some of the scenes between the two contains some of the wittiest, cleverest dialogue I have ever seen in a film.

The score seems all over the place, especially the "bicycle scene" where "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" plays. It jars with the rest of the film.

Paul Newman and Robert Redford (Redford especially) put in good performances, and the scenes between the two are some of the best in the film.

All in all, the film is "cool" enough to work well, but its not a classic, just a good western.

Reviews

Weeman i've not seen Butch Cassidy in a while, but from my memories it was one of my favourite western so i'll rewatch it with a différant eye after reading your review

I've just saw the french movie Le Placard (The Closet) it was excellant

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Weeman i've not seen Butch Cassidy in a while, but from my memories it was one of my favourite western so i'll rewatch it with a différant eye after reading your review

I've just saw the french movie Le Placard (The Closet) it was excellant
I've seen loads of people call it a classic, and even after watching it again, you may well think its a classic. I might just be missing something.

At the end of the day though, everything's just opinion, and I still enjoyed it

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - (may contain minor spoilers)

Butch Cassidy (Paul Newman), and the Sundance Kid (Robert Redford) are the leaders of the "Hole-In-The-Wall Gang", a notorious gang of train robbers. The two eventually migrate to Bolivia in order to continue their criminal activities after a train robbery goes wrong.

This is not a bad film by any means, but it didn't live up to its "classic" definition for me. Sometimes the script seems all over the place, one minute Butch and Sundance are hard-boiled criminals and at other moments they are experienced comedians. These sudden changes of tone happen throughout the film, leaving me wondering which Butch and Sundance the writers/director wanted us to identify with. However, when the script settles down, some of the scenes between the two contains some of the wittiest, cleverest dialogue I have ever seen in a film.

The score seems all over the place, especially the "bicycle scene" where "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" plays. It jars with the rest of the film.

Paul Newman and Robert Redford (Redford especially) put in good performances, and the scenes between the two are some of the best in the film.

All in all, the film is "cool" enough to work well, but its not a classic, just a good western.
Saw this as a kid at the drive in and its stayed with me throughout my life and i do agree with you about the bicycle scene and the song used during it. Never understood that, even though, it remains in my very top of favorite westerns of all time

great review by the way

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They used the song in the bicycle scene to sell millions of records and get the Best Song Oscar.

Re-watched it again last night. I still love it!

Funnily enough I watched it again the other night too and of course I loved it. Weird watching it after I have seen Twin Peaks because there's so many similarities from Lynch in the two towns.