Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Way to get more votes... Conservatives here in the UK plan to bring back 'mandatory' national service, either a year in the military or a year of weekend 'VOLUNTARY' work.

Going to lose many more votes now.

Will apparently cost nearly £3 billion a year to do, that could go into something of actual use instead.

****ing ****s.
Gee, I would go for the weekend voluntary work for sure. Sounds like a no-brainer.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Religious conversation using divine names too much, like every other word is Christ for example. The shine such words may have once have becomes the dullest most inane and nauseating sounds to my ears.
I know what you mean. I usually smile nicely in a friendly way...and then try to get away as fast I can!

When you are watching a dvd and it stops working! I was rewatching Swing Time on dvd and it froze up and won;t play at 45 minutes in to it!

When you are watching a dvd and it stops working! I was rewatching Swing Time on dvd and it froze up and won;t play at 45 minutes in to it!
Maddening.

My laptop is blue screen. I'm surprisingly not as annoyed as I have been in the past being without a computer. I feel the annoyance will come when I attempt to follow the instructions Microsoft emailed me which involves a USB flash drive and probably another computer.

It took me 2 weeks to mod Fallout 3 and New Vegas together into one game, and that was with extensive guides and vids. I really dont want to hire someone, and will do it myself. Please pray for my laptop.

I once asked, but got no conclusive answer - do DVD's or CD's go "bad"?

I've had several that worked fine for years, but then suddenly just froze at certain points or wouldn't play anymore at all (and this is after checking them for smudges & cleaning them).

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thank you guys.

I know the CD player in my car is going because it takes about 20 tries of entering a CD before it will play without skipping (it used to be just certain CD's, but now it's mostly all) - it either skips non-stop or won't play & ejects on the initial tries. I've tried a "cleaner" that is supposed to clean the "heads" (or whatever is inside a player that reads the CD), but as yet no cleaning disc has solved the problem. Anyone know any quick fixes for a skipping player?

You ready? You look ready.
Thank you guys.

I know the CD player in my car is going because it takes about 20 tries of entering a CD before it will play without skipping (it used to be just certain CD's, but now it's mostly all) - it either skips non-stop or won't play & ejects on the initial tries. I've tried a "cleaner" that is supposed to clean the "heads" (or whatever is inside a player that reads the CD), but as yet no cleaning disc has solved the problem. Anyone know any quick fixes for a skipping player?
Been there. Ger a new one.

Your laser is shot.

I think it's definitely more the case that the technology people are using to play the CDs is just on its way out, not up to scratch anymore.

I've been using my Mum's hi fi and some CDs don't even start or take a lot of tries to get going, yet the same CDs play fine and dandy on my hi fi.

Unless it's got damage on the CD they are suppose to last a very very long time like Yoda said.

I think it's definitely more the case that the technology people are using to play the CDs is just on its way out, not up to scratch anymore.

I've been using my Mum's hi fi and some CDs don't even start or take a lot of tries to get going, yet the same CDs play fine and dandy on my hi fi.

Unless it's got damage on the CD they are suppose to last a very very long time like Yoda said.
At one time CDs were touted as being “indestructible”. We were lied to!

Either the polycarbonate layer oxidized or the organic dye degraded. If you store them in a salt mine they’re good for a few decades.
Good thinking.

Do you have a salt mine we can use?

Women who wear too strong a perfume especially when it's not a pleasant scent... twice today I've walked around my own house in an atmosphere of strong perfume. First a carer for my relative earlier today made the house stink. And then I was covered in a cloud of perfume from a courier later on and can still smell it in the hallway. Sigh.

Women who wear too strong a perfume especially when it's not a pleasant scent... twice today I've walked around my own house in an atmosphere of strong perfume. First a carer for my relative earlier today made the house stink. And then I was covered in a cloud of perfume from a courier later on and can still smell it in the hallway. Sigh.

Much as I love perfume & anything scented, I am very allergic. So I do sympathize.

I'm pretty generous with my time when it comes to helping people, especially family, out of jams. But sometimes I just can't do it which leads me to this: People who try to make you feel guilty for not doing them a favor. You got yourself into this situation, it's not on me to get you out of it. A little foresight goes a long way.

I once asked, but got no conclusive answer - do DVD's or CD's go "bad"?

I've had several that worked fine for years, but then suddenly just froze at certain points or wouldn't play anymore at all (and this is after checking them for smudges & cleaning them).

Has anyone ever heard of this?
I recently bought a used Shostakovich CD. It wouldn’t play at all. No skipping. Just no sound. All the other used CDs I bought play fine. Maybe my car cd player only like rock n roll. Though it did play the Glenn Miller.