Flight of the navigator or totally diferent movie or Mandela Effect?

Tools    

I don't know how to start with this...
I watched Flight of the Navigator last night and got so confused!
The movie is somehow nothing like how I remember it, but again that's it... a bit...

I remember that the ''spaceship'' found the boy, and the boy was amazed by its shape. It never happened in the movie...
The boy has something within himself, and the spaceship depends on the boy - kind of happens in the movie...
Some human AI (not MAX from the spaceship), wants to get control over the spaceship...

Now these previous can be my false memories, but I remember some scenes that are not in the movie!

The spaceship goes undersea and dives, and dolphins can be seen around the spaceship...
Two or three warplanes chasing the spaceship...
The boy gets somehow injured in the head, the good part of the movie he is fully inactive and sleeping unconscious in his chair in the spaceship...
The spaceship can't fly at high speed and do special maneuvers because of the boy's state, and flies low by the buildings while police helicopters chase it...
The boy slowly wakes up and is half unconscious... MAX asks him if can somehow help him, the boy says that is hungry and thirsty...

That's what I remember from the Flight of the Navigator!
I called my cousin on the Viber today and asked her does she remembered that movie, and when she last time watched it.
I mostly ask her because I know that we watch a lot of movies as kids together at mine or her home!

Her answer amazed me and confused me even more!

She says that she watched it last time during the COVID-19 pandemic... and the same as me, the movie is not as she remembers it!

In her memories, the government army is involved with some of their AI...
The boy falls into a coma while NASA begins to experiment on him, or even they put him in that state...
Doctors used to operate the boy and remove some implant or something from his head...
Spaceship (MAX) hacks the electronics and stops the operation...
The boy is weak but somehow succeeds in escaping into the spaceship...
They escaped, while warplanes began to chase them...
The spaceship goes down into the sea and disappears from the warplanes...
They go underwater and the boy gets so amazed by sea animals, watching how dolphins trying to follow them...
At the point where they talk about music, the boy used to dance and somehow stupidly hits the MAX with his head and falls on the floor, MAX put him in the chair with some mechanical arms...
(and the scene that the cousin reminds me of)
The spaceship stops at the gas station and, some old man at the gas station goes shocked... drops something... mechanical arm comes from the spaceship and gets the bottle of Coca-Cola...

Now, please someone... is there some longer version of the Flight of the Navigator(with all of this I mentioned), or we both have false memories, or is there some pretty similar movie to the Flight of the Navigator?
Does anyone remember anything of these, I am dead serious this is not a joke.
I even can say OK OK, it's all my false memory... But two scenes I remember clearly as I watched today!
The boy hits his head and gets unconscious in the spaceship...
The spaceship at the gas station and the mechanical arm get Coca-Cola, while the old man is in shock!

Please guys say that I don't go crazy... someone please say to know at last these two scenes!

A system of cells interlinked
What is usually the answer in these cases is that, after not seeing the film for so many years and also having seen many other similar films, people's memories conflate two or more films together, creating a flawed memory of what they think is one film. That is probably the case here.

What is usually the answer in these cases is that, after not seeing the film for so many years and also having seen many other similar films, people's memories conflate two or more films together, creating a flawed memory of what they think is one film. That is probably the case here.
I can accept that as the most logical answer! Because in all that mess something is not right!
But, with that in mind... I dying to know where from is the scene with the spaceship, mechanical arm, and Coca-Cola... that scene is etched in my memory!

To be honest that scene:

''The spaceship stops at the gas station and, some old man at the gas station goes shocked... drops something... mechanical arm comes from the spaceship and gets the bottle of Coca-Cola...''

... sounds just like some Coca-Cola commercial!

Hm... I'm gonna try to find that commercial!

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Well, I haven't seen Mandela Effect, but Flight of the Navigator was one of my favorite childhood films growing up in the 1980's. Of course maybe 10 years ago or so I had rewatched parts of it and it does fall prey to so many 80's "kids films" troupes in that the adults are bumbling baffoons and it seems that only actors who can't act are hired to play the parents.

Very creative film and some marvelous special effects. I know it was one of those E.T. clones, but as a child I enjoyed it far more than E.T. which never really did much for me or captured my imagination even when I was a young kid.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Maybe it is similar movie, but this thread is unaswered, unfortunately:
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...side-spaceship

I'm looking for a (possibly animated) Science Fiction movie in which aliens, I think, installed a device that would cool down the Earth's core. To save their planet, one billion humans got on a gigantic spaceship and travelled to the planet of the aliens to get something to turn that device off. The spaceship was so big it had an ocean with dolphins inside. The people on it lived in "cities" labelled 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. and were somehow ordered alphabetically by last name.

That's about all my ten year old son can remember. He says there was also a book series with about four volumes that tells the same story.

The movie was at least one or two years old, possibly more, and dubbed in German. It may have been rated (in Germany) for 12 year olds (despite my son's age at that time).

The thing of a robot arm grabbing a soda sounds familiar to me. Maybe you're conflating it with this scene (
) where a man is prominently holding a can of soda and the mechanical eye comes out of the spaceship.

I definitely remember the scene where the ship goes underwater, but don't remember specifically that there were dolphins. I also don't remember the boy being unconscious for large portions of the film. The boy interacting with the ship is like the whole thing of the film.

(if you don't know what the Mandela Effect is, please Google it. It is not the name of a movie (although if there has never been a movie called "Mandela Effect" I am sure there will be some day)

I did not find that commercial 😋
I asked my brother if he remembered that commercial, and he said... it's not a commercial, and it's from the movie ''with a kid and spaceship'', but he doesn't know the name!
I show him videos on YouTube from the Flight of the Navigator, and he says it looks like that but he believes we watch it as two movies, or even it was a trilogy! 🤔

I must say, I also watch Flight of the Navigator and some scenes on YouTube look different, but I will say my brain made it up!
Have to find the movie, to see it again. I don't know when I last time watched it!

There's a Pepsi commercial where a UFO abducts a Pepsi machine.

But I agree with people that the mechanical arm reaching out to take a soda does sound very familiar.

Well, I haven't seen Mandela Effect, but Flight of the Navigator was one of my favorite childhood films growing up in the 1980's. Of course maybe 10 years ago or so I had rewatched parts of it and it does fall prey to so many 80's "kids films" troupes in that the adults are bumbling baffoons and it seems that only actors who can't act are hired to play the parents.

Very creative film and some marvelous special effects. I know it was one of those E.T. clones, but as a child I enjoyed it far more than E.T. which never really did much for me or captured my imagination even when I was a young kid.
(if you don't know what the Mandela Effect is, please Google it. It is not the name of a movie (although if there has never been a movie called "Mandela Effect" I am sure there will be some day)
My bad... with the Mandela effect, I don't think as a movie, I was think that its my brain maybe under that effect 😋

I did not find that commercial 😋
I asked my brother if he remembered that commercial, and he said... it's not a commercial, and it's from the movie ''with a kid and spaceship'', but he doesn't know the name!
I show him videos on YouTube from the Flight of the Navigator, and he says it looks like that but he believes we watch it as two movies, or even it was a trilogy! 🤔

I must say, I also watch Flight of the Navigator and some scenes on YouTube look different, but I will say my brain made it up!
Have to find the movie, to see it again. I don't know when I last time watched it!
Not sure if can I post links where you can watch the movie, but just type where to watch Flight of the Navigator, you will find it pretty easy actually.

Not sure if can I post links where you can watch the movie, but just type where to watch Flight of the Navigator, you will find it pretty easy actually.
Thanks, anyway I already found where to watch it!
My brother found something very fun that proves maybe you are not that crazy at all! Maybe a bit 😋 BUT...
There is actually one crazy thing that we all miss out!

Source IMDB:

The Magical World of Disney (TV Series 1954–1997)
S32.E9 ∙ Flight of the Navigator: Part 1 Sun, Jan 3, 1988
Flight of the Navigator (1986) re-edited for two-part television presentation. A boy goes out into the woods, falls and it is eight years later, and everyone has aged except the boy.

S32.E10 ∙ Flight of the Navigator: Part 2 Sun, Jan 10, 1988
Flight of the Navigator (1986) re-edited for two-part television presentation. Eventually it turns out that the boy had been on a spaceship, helping an alien to navigate, and now he wants to go home and recover those missing years.

I wonder if is there anything different from the movie! Or it's just cut in two parts!
Also, the picture on the IMDB is actually different from the picture of the movie. The boy is in the red shirt, while In the movie he has a blue shirt with stripes:

Can anyone somehow reach those two episodes?

Thanks, anyway I already found where to watch it!
My brother found something very fun that proves maybe you are not that crazy at all! Maybe a bit 😋 BUT...
There is actually one crazy thing that we all miss out!

I wonder if is there anything different from the movie! Or it's just cut in two parts!
Also, the picture on the IMDB is actually different from the picture of the movie. The boy is in the red shirt, while In the movie he has a blue shirt with stripes

Can anyone somehow reach those two episodes?
This is very interesting! Hm...
About the shirt, I believe that just the photo is edited!

Now... something interesting happened while I went to buy chips and something to drink to watch something tonight 😋
I hit on the neighbor girl in the market talked with her a bit, and saw a Coca-Cola bottle in the fridge. My mouth immediately without my knowledge hits with...
Have you watched Flight of the Navigator, do you remember when the robot grabbed Coca-Cola with his tech arm?
She says... nah... it's not from that movie, Max does not have arms, it's from some other ''robot movie''... maybe Johnny or AMY or maybe a robotic arm from the spaceship, that grabbed Coca-Cola!
She didn't want to tell me which movies she thinks and left me to find out!

Johnny is probably Johnny 5 from the Short Circuit movie franchise... now there is not too much to find that scene, just two movies 😋

Don't know who is AMY, and which spaceship has robotic arms 😋 Anyone know?