Deadpool & Wolverine

Tools    

The Guy Who Sees Movies
Is Deadpool & Wolverine the best Deadpool movie?
Truthfully, I don't especially wish to spend much time ranking Deadpool movies. I try to go into a movie as a "virgin" so to speak, rather than crowding my brain with geeky details about fantasy characters that I don't even like.

In that regard, I found the movie crowded, beginning to end, with stuff for the detail geeks. I wanted more reasons why these characters are some sort of "good guy", some plot development and enough breathing room in the hyperkinetic 2 hours that the movie wouldn't feel like a used car ad that's hawking the next episode. It had barely a moment of actual human emotion, or reason why these characters are supposedly the good guys.

As for bloodletting, there's a lot of that. If this were a cop movie, there would be protests. It's worth noting that a human only has a few quarts of blood and when we lose some, it takes a while to recover. These guys shed enough blood to fertilize and iron deficient garden plot.

I guess I DID just spend too much time ranking ONE Deadpool movie. Oh well.

fantasy characters that I don't even like.
Life is too short to spend 2 hours watching characters you don't even like

(Also if you don't like them, how could you possibly relate to the emotional journey they are on?)

No replies to several attempts is funny…

Anyway, on topic, I look forward to seeing this again and how it works now that I know the big cameos and surprises etc. probably won’t rewatch till streaming though.

A friend of mine said it would have been awesome if

WARNING: spoilers below
when Elektra, Blade. Gambit and X-23 walked in, they should have had a leather jacket and flaming head, which would have been Nic Cage as Ghostrider, walking in as well

I'm glad they didn't do that

Someone connected to this movie has broken two Guinness World Records with their appearance in it.

This is spoiler material, obviously.

WARNING: spoilers below

Wesley Snipes has broken two Guinness World Records after making a unexpected appearance as Blade in “Deadpool & Wolverine.”

The actor’s return as the half-vampire “daywalker” in superhero threequel comes 25 years and 340 days after he first played the character in 1998’s “Blade,” according to Guinness World Records, securing him the record of the longest career as a live-action Marvel character. Snipes beat out his co-star Hugh Jackman, whose first appearance as Wolverine came 24 years ago in 2000’s “X-Men.”

Snipes’ surprise cameo as Blade also earned him another Guinness World Record: the longest gap between character appearances in Marvel films. According to Guinness, he last played the character 19 years and 231 day ago in the 2004 film “Blade: Trinity,” surpassing Alfred Molina’s 17-year gap between playing Doc Ock in 2004’s “Spider-Man 2” and 2021’s “Spider-Man: No Way Home.”

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Someone connected to this movie has broken two Guinness World Records with their appearance in it.

This is spoiler material, obviously.

Link is readable. Spoiler tags not helping there.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
If you want to watch a Marvel movie that has some morally flexible characters who reluctantly team up while joking constantly before getting surprisingly sentimental, accompanied by semi-ironic needle drops, Guardians of the Galaxy does it better.

It's hard to see what Deadpool & Wolverine has to offer beyond this except some comedy gore and knob jokes.

The plot is just a series of cameos and fight scenes (taking the low stakes of Marvel movies to a new low because these two characters are even more indestructible than other superheroes) wrapped in some more of the multiverse-ex-machina that has plagued the MCU since Endgame.

The fact that Deadpool makes asides about these very things doesn't fully excuse them. I'm surprised they didn't have a scene in which they discover a variant of Deadpool who is a horse and then flog it.

There were maybe 3 or 4 amusing moments. Matthew MacFadyen was good. Overall, not really worth the price of popcorn.

I give up. It's my top movie of 2024. That's where we're at in cinema currently for better or worse.

It's definitely the best movie of its genre so far this year.

Will Joker 2 be better? Possibly, but I doubt it.

And I really don't expect Kraven the Hunter to be any better than Madame Web