What is YOUR alcohol?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Haven't had any alcohol in almost 10 years, and even before that, I only drank (sometimes a lot) when I was backpacking overseas.. I did most of my drinking before it was legal. So glad I never got caught by the police. Even when I got drunk, I always hated the taste of alcohol, except once. I was in Sydney, at the Opera bar, and a girl I was with recommended this drink that had passion fruit juice, pomegranate juice, vodka, and possibly rum. It had one of those "made-up" names I don't remember, but couldn't find when I first looked it up.

If you are ever in Hungary, I recommend Unicom. It's a spicy bitter, but probably the only other thing that didn't taste bad... I'd usually drink shots of tequila (whiskey, etc) to get it over with, and stop caring a bit.

These days my go-to cocktail is an Espresso Martini…

I enjoy most alcohol. I like wine, white or red, with dinner if it’s a dinner worth it. A beer is lovely too. Fresh New England Style IPAs or even dark stouts…

But I drink less now than I once did. Never been a problem for me though. But maybe one day I’ll quit drinking. For now though it’s just for pleasure in small amounts.

These days my go-to cocktail is an Espresso Martini…

I enjoy most alcohol. I like wine, white or red, with dinner if it’s a dinner worth it. A beer is lovely too. Fresh New England Style IPAs or even dark stouts…

But I drink less now than I once did. Never been a problem for me though. But maybe one day I’ll quit drinking. For now though it’s just for pleasure in small amounts.
In my eyes, you are still too young to drink.

Yes, I know your age. You are close to my daughter's age. I still think she's too young for many things.

Even too young to watch A Clockwork Orange.

Don't even think you can call me MOM.

In my eyes, you are still too young to drink.

Yes, I know your age. You are close to my daughter's age. I still think she's too young for many things.

Even too young to watch A Clockwork Orange.

Don't even think you can call me MOM.
29 is too young to drink? Well geez, father I’m sorry.

But after all I can’t help it. I’m from Denmark. It’s a culture thing

29 is too young to drink? Well geez, father I’m sorry.

But after all I can’t help it. I’m from Denmark. It’s a culture thing
She's 31 and I guess it's just me being her mom.

I know you and her are both adults and can do whatever you want.

She's 31 and I guess it's just me being her mom.

I know you and her are both adults and can do whatever you want.
I started drinking half my life ago… So I think it’s pretty good you’re not my mom or else you would have a fit I’ll take it haha

I started drinking half my life ago… So I think it’s pretty good you’re not my mom or else you would have a fit I’ll take it haha
Lol when I was young and I mean under 10 yrs old, understand this was the 1970s, I would take a drink of my dad's beer to quinch my thirst. Times were different back then.

Lol when I was young and I mean under 10 yrs old, understand this was the 1970s, I would take a drink of my dad's beer to quinch my thirst. Times were different back then.
Yeah maybe. But of course, when I say “started drinking” I mean regularly.

I did taste alcohol before that. Even with permission. Actually in Denmark we have something called “Nisseřl”, which is a mild sweet Christmas beer.

I had that as a child a few times during December with the family. It had 1.7 ABV, so it wasn’t just alcohol free.*

Anyway, despite Denmark having a crazy drinking culture, I have never had a problem with it nor did I party and drink every weekend like many of my peers did around the 15-20 year age.

I don’t really enjoy getting really drunk anymore. It’s more a light buzz or because of the fact that I’m a foodie and love the complexity of wine or the art of brewing beer, for example.

Yeah maybe. But of course, when I say “started drinking” I mean regularly.

I did taste alcohol before that. Even with permission. Actually in Denmark we have something called “Nisseřl”, which is a mild sweet Christmas beer.

I had that as a child a few times during December with the family. It had 1.7 ABV, so it wasn’t just alcohol free.*

Anyway, despite Denmark having a crazy drinking culture, I have never had a problem with it nor did I party and drink every weekend like many of my peers did around the 15-20 year age.

I don’t really enjoy getting really drunk anymore. It’s more a light buzz or because of the fact that I’m a foodie and love the complexity of wine or the art of brewing beer, for example.
Is there a legal age for drinking in Denmark?

Is there a legal age for drinking in Denmark?
To buy alcohol in stores that’s 16,5 ABV or less, you have to be 16 years old. And anything above, you have to be 18 years old. In restaurants, all alcohol you have to be 18 years old to buy.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I don't get drunk, I could count the number of times I've gotten really drunk on both hands...That usually ended in me puking my guts out, not fun. But I do enjoy having one beer before dinner after the work day is over. I'm choosy about which beer, I prefer handcraft local breweries. I also make beer myself but no I don't guzzle it just because it's made in a 5 gallon batch.

I love whiskey too, i think its the most popular alcohol thank to films and other stuff

It's a Jack D and Coke kind of night mixed with a little football on the big screen.

I don't get drunk, I could count the number of times I've gotten really drunk on both hands...That usually ended in me puking my guts out, not fun. But I do enjoy having one beer before dinner after the work day is over. I'm choosy about which beer, I prefer handcraft local breweries. I also make beer myself but no I don't guzzle it just because it's made in a 5 gallon batch.

I got drunk once and swore oversurfing off. Had to wash my bed of the puke in the morning.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Spring-Summer season:
Gin (Beefeater or Tanqueray) + Schweppes Tonic
Ouzo + Tarator (cold milk (yogurt) soup with cucumber)
White or Rose Wine (usually Chardonnay or Sauvignon blanc)

Autumn-Winter season:
Red Wine

All seasons:
Rakia (fruit brandy) + lavish salad
Whisky (usually Jameson or Bushmills) + Coke
Rum (usually Captain Morgan or Bacardi) + Coke
Beer

Occasionally:
Aperol spritz cocktail
Vermouth + soda cocktail
Peppermint liqueur + soda cocktail

I'm just back home from the seaside and after the long drive, I'm enjoying a cold Gin-Tonic drink at this very moment.