How many movies have you seen?

Tools    

Got a number?

My Letterboxd says 2,356 but of course it counts shorts, docs and some TV even...

Letterboxd says 2,853 but I haven't logged everything I have seen. I would say I have seen over 5,000 in my life. My parents always watched movies while I was growing up. Maybe one day ( may take a year or two), I will go through letterboxd and log everything.

I’ve rated 7114 movies on IMDb, but there are other films I have seen that I not rated so the total seen would be higher than that.

I've seen less than Allaby (although I'm pleased to say that our top 10 films of the 60s are similar).

And you still have:
Sansho the Bailiff
Andrei Rublev
L' eclisse
Mirror
Fanny and Alexander

in your top 100.

And you still have:
Sansho the Bailiff
Andrei Rublev
L' eclisse
Mirror
Fanny and Alexander

in your top 100.
Your point being?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
1,607 logged on Letterboxd, but I haven't went through and tried to do it definitively. I would imagine it is somewhere in the 2,000 - 2,500 range overall. At 28 years old, I don't think that's too bad. Admittedly, I've slacked a lot in adulthood. In high school, I used to watch 300 movies a year, but, now, I am lucky to see one-hundred. I do play videogames and read, so I have other things I'm spending time on too, I suppose.

Your point being?
My point being...

Fanny and Alexander!!!! Snoooozefessssssttttttt

The people who know the exact number of films they've seen.
Did you like start counting the first time you ever watched a film?

My letterbox says just under 1400. At one point that number used to climb much faster, but now I watch movies only if there's something I want to watch instead of watching just to watch.

Nope, I have watched some films I don't count because I haven't rated them, like Disney's Robin Hood which I only watched as a kid. My method just follows what I have registered; in one of those websites where you rate films and series, I have a list compiling every feature-length film I've rated. I wanted to do the same with short and mid-length and TV-series, but I didn't have the energy to do so. The overall vote count is around 7000 depending on the site I'm in (because the database is not the same length everywhere, specially with very early shorts which I've watched a lot), so with that I can make the calculation. In Letterboxd, for instance, it's 6968 votes now + a few things I haven't yet added.

No but I did log the film most of the time after seeing it. Letterboxd is far younger than I am.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Dunno.

Does it even count if you've seen a film so many years ago that you can't even remember watching it? I don't think it does. Thereforth there's a finite amount of movies anyone can see and still retain enough memory of the movie to count it as seen.

At least five.
I’ve definitely watched 6 movies.

At least five.
Nobody asked how many films did NOT make you write a 5,000-word essay on them.