Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

This is pretty great. And very Get Out. Never would I ever go anywhere near such people, least of all a remote location. Sarah rocks and looks just like my best friend Sarah. Go figure. My one tiny gripe is that
WARNING: spoilers below
the position of the assistant who chooses not to remember maybe deserves slightly more respectful treatment, rather than being outright ridiculed. After all, this is also a perfectly feasible way of surviving trauma

The last few minutes of the ending and the
WARNING: spoilers below
Frida as CEO
seem like a bit of an overkill, but even that works stylistically.

Blink Twice > Sing Sing > It Ends With Us.

And Tatum is absolutely PERFECT in the role.
Alas, you were totally right about that. Blink Twice is something. I still think other people could have maybe been as good as Tatum, but yeah, he kills it.

The Thing strikes again, I guess.

Omg, I could just tell this is Poser and Adams in the first few seconds, before I saw Poser herself. All their films are very unique.
To be fair, this is a different take on, ahem, the thing. Oof. But it still feels really derivative, absurdly so, and it seems strange to just take The Thing’s concept and take it out into the open, if the best thing about it was its implicitness/paranoid vibe. Very strange movie.
Also, as ever, I don’t see the benefit in making everyone speak with a thick, annoying, awful accent. What does that add to the narrative? Precisely nothing. Authenticity? Oh, please.

I don’t particularly like such stuff (seems ridiculous that it exists after Spiderman and especially all the ‘verses)— not even the aesthetic — but plan to check out all worthwhile-ish new horror, so here I am.

The Disney meets Home Alone chiming music is so bizarre and out of place. Also doubt a 12-year-old nowadays would say ‘You are the bane of my existence’. The Casta Diva rendition is nice, though. Hat off to the opera bits of the soundtrack, but otherwise very meh — immensely cheesy and over-emotional.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Won't be tonight. Maybe not this week month or ever, but maybe if I post it here, I'll try harder tomorrow. I just haven't been able to watch movies in the last handful of years and it only gets worse.

Trying to find something similar to Longlegs. Doubt this is actually similar, but oh my god, the nature is just gorgeous, makes me want to go there, despite this being horror and all.