Guess which movie the above user's watching next

Tools    

I've just watched a movie about a small group of college boys in a New England town just coming into their warlock powers. Strange occurrences and deaths arise after an outsider infiltrates the clique. The young men have no idea (yet) that their new friend is an evil warlock intent on stealing their powers. The Alpha of the group eventually realizes he is the main target and tries to stop the new kid before it's too late.

What movie have I watched?
You have to guess mine before you make your own clue...

If you're watching a movie, are about to watch one or just got done with one, post a hint. The person who gets it right gives the next hint.

Isn't this from a KIng Crimson album?

Trouble with a capital "T"
I've just watched a movie about a small group of college boys in a New England town just coming into their warlock powers. Strange occurrences and deaths arise after an outsider infiltrates the clique. The young men have no idea (yet) that their new friend is an evil warlock intent on stealing their powers. The Alpha of the group eventually realizes he is the main target and tries to stop the new kid before it's too late.

What movie have I watched?
That sounds like a Harry Potter film, but those were set in England. No idea.

If you're watching a movie, are about to watch one or just got done with one, post a hint. The person who gets it right gives the next hint.

Crimson Tide (1995) would be my guess.

Children of Men?

+ Scream and Crimson Peak would be my other guesses.

Is the pic from an old VCR sleeve?

It's the album cover of In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson. All the online music communities consider it one of the greatest albums ever made.

Guess away MoFos.

@Allaby - no.

@KeyserCorleone - no, but...
WARNING: "here's a help" spoilers below
it is from the same decade.

It's the album cover of In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson. All the online music communities consider it one of the greatest albums ever made.
How do you get Children of Men out of your pic? I don't see a connection.

How do you get Children of Men out of your pic? I don't see a connection.
The title track plays early on in the film. I figured, "can't be too many films with King Crimson music," so I assumed someone would get it quickly. Someone did.

@Allaby - no.

@KeyserCorleone - no, but...
WARNING: "here's a help" spoilers below
it is from the same decade.

That's a confusing hint. Is it in the 00's or the 60's 😅

Going with the 60s, my guess is the orgnial planet of the apes

The title track plays early on in the film. I figured, "can't be too many films with King Crimson music," so I assumed someone would get it quickly. Someone did.
Oh OK, I get it, thanks.

That's a confusing hint. Is it in the 00's or the 60's 😅

Going with the 60s, my guess is the orgnial planet of the apes
Yes to the 60s, no to the apes.

couple of more guesses and I'll drop another hint.

You rule citizen.