The MoFo Top 100 Musicals Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Finian's Rainbow was probably Filmbuff. Only guess I can make. Hard not to guess a fellow Coppola fan might include that, although I haven't seen it.

The Brave Little Toaster
rauldc..

Muppet Treasure Island
Can’t believe I’ve never seen/heard about this one ^ looks like a musical I could like/love. Watchlisted, gbgoodies?

Watchlisted, my initial guess was KeyserCorleone but he hasn't seen it, so no idea..

Forgot about this one ^, impressive performance by Esther Williams and memorable song: Baby, It's Cold Outside! My guess: CitizenRules?

The trick is not minding
Finian's Rainbow was probably Filmbuff. Only guess I can make. Hard not to guess a fellow Coppola fan might include that, although I haven't seen it.
While I haven’t seen it yet, I’ve read that Finian’s Rainbow (Ebert and The Coen Brothers for example) is actually quite good. It was, along with The Rain People films that showed that FFC was clearly in line for better things.

I love Finian's Rainbow I even appeared in a dinner theater production of it. Fun show...fantastic score, which pretty much came to the screen intact.

The trick is not minding
High Society sounded too good for the 1 vote club.
Then I realised it stars Frank Sinatra. The Eddie the Eagle of acting.
Sinatra had somegood films where he shows he was clearly talented, but generally, yeah, it’s isn’t his musicals. Think more The Manchurian Candidate or The Man with the Golden Arm and less Guys and Dolls (which I’m sure will make an appearance here).

Oh and I'm guessing rauldc14 for The Brave Little Toaster, Allaby for A Week Away and stillmellow for Muppet Treasure Island.
You are correct on mine.

Trouble with a capital "T"
...Forgot about this one ^, impressive performance by Esther Williams and memorable song: Baby, It's Cold Outside! My guess: CitizenRules?
Good guess, I've seen it, Esther Williams is always entertaining in my book. But no, it didn't make my ballot.

stillmellow for Muppet Treasure Island.

Congratulations, you already know be better than half my relatives.

Yeah, half the songs are pretty bland, but good Lord does that opening song slap hard.

I was just wondering what the musical with no songs is.
Almost certainly not this one, but I do think that Rebel Without A Cause* would have made a great musical.

*which of course was paid homage by the best musical of all time

I was just wondering what the musical with no songs is.
Almost certainly not this one, but I do think that Rebel Without A Cause* would have made a great musical.

*which of course was paid homage by the best musical of all time
My guess is Fantasia.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Of course Toaster was mine. I originally had it around 21 then I realized nobody else would vote for it so it needed some recognition.