Starring

John C. Reilly, Jenna Fischer, Raymond J. Barry, Kristen Wiig

3lists58points
Everyone Says I Love You
Director

Woody Allen, 1996

Starring

Drew Barrymore, Edward Norton, Alan Alda, Julia Roberts

Still drawing blanks. I've heard good things about Dewey Cox, but I still haven't gotten to it. As for Everyone Says I Love You, I'm not a big Woody Allen guy, so I haven't bothered. Didn't even like Annie Hall, so

SEEN: 5/28
MY BALLOT: 1/25

My ballot  

The 5-point gap between yesterday's The King and I and today's Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is the biggest one so far. So far, we've had 8 ties, but as we get down the list, this separation will keep growing.

Everyone Says I Love You has one of the lowest IMDb scores at 6.7. It is just above Into the Woods (5.9), and both Gigi and Tommy (6.6).

Society researcher, last seen in Medici's Florence
Not seen either but I would like to see the Woody Allen musical, Everyone Says I Love You...Can't say I've heard much about it though.
I hope you remember that you had it in your preparation thread:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...92#post2474792

I saw Walk Hard at the theatre when it first came out and enjoyed it. The songs are great, the performances are wonderfu and I thought it was quite funny. There wasn't room on my ballot for it though, but I'm glad it made the countdown. Eeryone Says I Love You is a very good Woody Allen musical that I like a lot, but it didn't make my ballot either.

Seen: 27/28

I haven't seen either of these movies.
I lost interest in Woody Allen after Manhattan. Though I did really like that one with Cate Blanchett as the social climber on the down-a-later.

I'm Guilty as chaaaarge...for voting for that movie!

I haven't seen either of these, so here's a muscial number about how I feel when haven't done something yet (but I could if I wanted to):

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is a spoof of music biopics, most specifically Walk the Line (#95). If you know the general tenor and template of biopics of famous musicians there are so many gags at their expense, but if you have seen Walk the Line they are spot on and hysterical. Raymond J. Barry ("Justified") plays the disapproving father with the oft-repeated tagline "The wrong kid died!", bandmate Tim Meadows has a recurring gag about warning our hero off of the next vice his journey is about to tempt him with, and he comes into contact with other legendary musicians along the way including Elvis (Jack White), Buddy Holly (Frankie Munez), and The Beatles (Jack Black, Paul Rudd, Justin Long, and Jason Schwartzman). But it is good ol' John C. Reilly who gets to shine at the center as Dewey Cox. Some very funny songs perfectly punctuate this on pitch satire. It was my number twenty-five pick, and I am happy and shocked that four other MoFos had it much higher on their ballots!

That makes two of mine, thus far.

HOLDEN’S BALLOT
17. Amadeus (#97)
25. Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (#74)

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Haven’t replied in a while, life got in the way. I have seen 22/28 so far, which is kind of a shock for me. A few of mine have showed up:

Funny Girl: Watched this for the list and loved it. The leads are great, and if you are going to have a bunch of singing in your movie, may as well get one of the great voices of all time. The story moves this along for me, which greatly helps when I am watching a musical. My #12

The King And I: Another list watch I loved. Brynner and Kerr are fantastic together with the rat a tat dialogue. This movie looks amazing, including Kerr’s dresses, which is a thing I never care about. Already don’t remember the songs if I am honest. Definitely check this out again at some point. My #13

42nd Street: Pretty far removed from this one. I wanted to watch it again but didn’t get to. I compared it to Nashville when I saw it which is very high praise from me. Praising the characterizations. I have a feeling this one would have been higher if fresher in my mind. My #19.

Rocketman: Rewatched this in list prep. Loved it in theater, loved it again. Elton John is one of my faves, so it probably isn’t a surprise I like it. Egerton is fantastic and the choice to make it an actual musical was the perfect one. my #17

#JusticeForHamilton

Reply to Topic